In my hood, I’m known for my corn and black bean salad. It’s my go-to meal because its so super quick to make and its really tasty. Its also great for bbq’s as a side dish or can be eaten alone as it is packed with protein and veggies.
My only purpose in the kitchen is to get in and out as quickly as possible and this salad does just that because it can be completed in 15 minutes. So I’ve made a quick video of what you need and how to get it done. I guarantee you, that everyone will love it.
The many ways you can eat this salad are:
- By itself, because it has such great nutrients and is packed with protein, and veggies
- As a side salad with your choice of meat
- Salsa on your tacos (chipotle style)
- Sprinkle in your salad
- Veggie Empanadas or Patties
Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- 1 can of Green Giant Super Sweet Corn
- 1 can of Progresso Black Beans
- 1 plum tomato (diced and carved out)
- 1/2 red onion (chopped finely)
- 1 red bell pepper or a handful of sweet peppers (chopped finely)
- Small bunch of parsley
- Black pepper for taste
- Pink Himalayan salt
- A drizzle Extra Virgin oil
Instructions: Be sure to drain the excess water from your black beans and your corn. Once complete, add both to bowl and stir, you can add all the ingredients but make sure the tomato is put in last, so it doesn’t get tossed around too much causing you salad to be mushy. Once all ingredients are in, drizzle (eye ball) your olive oil and a pinch of himalayan salt and black pepper. You can also use peppered flakes for more of a kick.
Once complete, put it in the refrigerate for an hour.
Take a look at the video:
This salad was so yummy especially to have with my left overs from the holiday. Hope you enjoyed the video, give me a thumbs up and subscribe if you did!